Sunday, May 4, 2008

Death Marketing



Tigers leave their skin and men leave their name
In Korean proverbs, 'Tigers leave their skin and men leave their name'. This proverb is proving recently in marketing world. Hyundai Heavy Industry used Jung Joo Young who was founder of Hyundai Corporation and died several years ago. In the theaters, old movies, such as 'Ben-hur', are playing to remember old stars such as John Charles Carter. Jang Kuk Young who is a Hong Kong actor died in 2003 is also remembered once again. The seat share of 'Abi JungJung' which is Jang Kuk Yong was on is 90% in Seoul. There were all success in their jobs and people loved them. People want to reach to see the success one again. Companies used this psychological state in their marketing. The death marketing is also effective because companies do not need to worry about scandals.

Opinion
When I saw the commercial of Hyundai Heavy Industry that Jung Joo Young was on, I was surprised because it seemed he was alive. I also felt that Hyundai Heavy Industry try to work hard and will be more success than now because the image of Jung Joo Yong is very advantageous and successful person.
If the movie 'Abi JungJung' which jang Kuk Yong was on plays in Pohang, I would go to see the movie because he was a big star in 90s that I remember very handsome and manly. I used to be like him.
Both of them not only have good images but also bad images. However, I used to remember good images rather than bad images for a dead man. I think it is not only I, but also most people remember good images more.

Source: MoneyToday Star News
http://news.nate.com/Service/news/ShellView.asp?ArticleID=2008042016013995167&LinkID=2&lv=0

Student #: 20400152 - Entry 9

No comments: